Teen is found sitting outside mortuary 8 days after he was declared dead from drowning (video)

February 7th, 2024

When the body of a youngster who had been placed in the mortuary of the CEBEC hospital in Douala, Cameroon, was discovered sitting outside more than a week later, a throng gathered outside the facility.

The 17-year-old reportedly went swimming at the Bellevue Hotel in Douala on Sunday, January 28, and drowned in the pool. After that, his body was placed in the mortuary.

On Monday, February 5, morgue staff discovered him reclining in a chair outside the mortuary, eight days after he drowned. The body, which had been found in the mortuary nude, was observed donning a white robe and underpants.

A crowd gathered outside the mortuary as a result of this shocking finding, which shocked everyone at the hospital.

Now, the dead teen’s body has been “sent back to the mortuary.”

READ ALSO  President Tinubu has no plan whatsoever to move the Federal Capital to Lagos - Presidential aide, Bayo Onanuga, says

Reporters were informed by the head mortician, Louis Maries Mbella, that the young man who had been brought in the previous week had left the mortuary and was now seated outside beside the security guard stationed at the mortuary area of the Cebec hospital in Bonaberi Douala.

According to Mbella, the security guard knocked on her door at around three in the morning on Monday to let her know that someone had taken a chair outside to sit. “Why did you take this chair outside and when they asked you refused to react?” I asked the young man as I walked up to him but he didn’t respond.

Mbella said he asked the teen the question again and received no response.

READ ALSO  AFCON: Nigeria to face Cameroon in Round of 16 on Saturday

“I now put on my phone’s torch light and pointed at him, that is when I discovered that it was the young man who died last Sunday. I went inside to check if truly he was the one and I discovered that he was not where we had embalmed and left him. All those inside were naked but he was outside, eyes closed, but he was smiling,” Louis Mbella narrated.

Born in 2006, 17-year-old Poupog Kevin is said to have murmured the words, “Anne you promised me,” according to an eye witness at the scene.

However, the deceased boy’s mother, Catherine Kouete, refused to believe the story and she asked how her dead son could move or speak after spending one week in the mortuary.

READ ALSO  EFCC arrests Kwara pastor for defrauding church member N3.9m

“How can a dead body move like that and sit on a chair? It doesn’t sound well to me. I think it is a setup. I don’t know… we have never seen this,” the grieving mother told reporters.

However, the Chief Mortician stated that they have witnessed odd things happen to bodies in their care before. According to him, on occasion they find that the bodies had moved from their original locations.

Following customary procedures carried out in front of his family, Poupog Kevin’s clothes, underwear, and socks that he had on when he was discovered outside have been burnt on fire, and his body has been brought back to the mortuary.

See the scene as seen in the video below.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.