It has been reported that France has confirmed its first three cases of Coronavirus, marking the first confirmed cases of the deadly virus from China in Europe.
Agnes Buzyn, The French health minister, made the announcement on Friday January 24.
However, The French health minister had confirmed earlier that the cases of two people who travelled to China. The third case, believed to be a family member of one of those already announced was later added to the list.
Agnes further revealed that she expects more to emerge within the nation’s borders.
In her statement, she further said:
“We have two cases, we will probably have other cases. We see how difficult it is in today’s world to close the frontiers. In reality, it’s not possible”
Agnes further expressed her thoughts when she said she believes they are the first country in Europe to confirm the virus. She stated that the development of a rapid diagnostic test within France is a key factor to this development.